Monday, August 1, 2011

July 25th, 2011

Family,

It was good week. It's hard not to have a good week in Ghana. This is a pretty amazing place full of wonderful faithful people. I had some very memorable experiences this week. The Moree chapel is now complete!!!!!!! They will worship on the 7th of August, and it looks so amazing. Seriously though, it is the most beautiful chapel is Ghana. Like you Dad, I am sure I am a little biased though too. So we have been invited to the opening and it will be a fast Sunday so I am sure that it will be a powerful meeting hearing the testimonies of everyone. Man, I am so excited. But Moree held a baptism there this week on Friday. It was the first ever event at the new chapel. I participated in confirming one of the children of record along with Andrew Aikins my recent convert from Moree, during the Elder Brown days, who was voice of the confirmation and blessing. It was such a neat experience to be able to lay our hands on someone as Melchizedek Priesthood holders together and to see him repeat perfectly the words of the ordinance. Someone who just a few months ago didn't even know the gospel. I can't explain how happy I am to see some of my recent converts progressing so well in the church. He is also getting married soon to a very powerful member and will be sealed before I go home. Isn't that something?!!! Well it was a good week. I am glad that you had a good week out at Smith Creek. Greet everyone for me. I love you all and the gospel is true. Just seeing how it has blessed people like Andrew is enough evidence for me to know that it is indeed true. I pray for you always. Have a great week.

Love Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment