Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sorry I have been slacking, there are 3 new posts today.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Adams Family,
This week was an awesome week, we had a lot going on and we had a lot of fun at the same time. But of course we worked hard. On Tuesday we were privileged to hear from Elder Sitati and his wife at zone conference. I thought he would be kind of the type that would lecture us and all, but it was the complete opposite. He was super nice and was very soft spoken, and didn't lecture us at all. Guess I should have expected that he is a Seventy. He is a pretty tall and thick guy too. Didn't expect that either. But the conference was sweet. He taught us about the Fall and the Atonement. It was really, really good. Then after we ate lunch he taught us all about how to plan effectively in our weekly planning sessions and we tried it this week and it really worked pretty well. It didn't make much of a difference in the work but I know it will overtime. We also received our new mission goal. We have almost completed the previous one, to baptize someone that we found during a football match. There are a few more missionaries left, but it seems to be going well. Our new mission goal is to baptize someone that is a referral from a recent convert, and to help a recent convert go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead for at least one person. I am really excited for this goal, we get to learn more about temple work and also get to strengthen our recent converts a lot. It will be sweet.

Well the rest of the week we pretty much spent all of our time with our investigators helping them to prepare for baptism and going through the baptism interviews and all that fun stuff. It was a really good week. We baptized 5 of the 6 that we had planned to baptize. One women we couldn't baptize because, well it was that time of month, that’s all I’m going to say. So her baptism will be next week and it will probably be just her. The baptism at the beach this time was more crazy that the first time that I did mine. The waves were huge and they kept on knocking us over and making the kids really scared. We had a lot of child of records to baptize and it was probably the most horrifying experience of their lives. Africans for the most part hate the water. And especially when they are 8 years old. Yeah, so their baptism will never be forgotten at least. They will at least always remember it. So we baptized two young kids 12 and 13 who have been coming to church for like 3 years. I was really iffy about it just because they are so young, but they have been coming for a really long time. And they do have a testimony, or they would have stopped a long time ago. We baptized a boy about 16 and another boy about 17. They are both really powerful and one is the brother of the two boys on missions from our ward. And then we baptized another boy who was about 17. At lot of younger kids. But they say that that is a good thing and should be a focus because it will help the church to grow and be much more powerful in the future when they all grow up in the church and become leaders. It is sweet because Moree is full of kids that are powerful. Baptisms at the beach are sweet, but I really would rather do it at the chapel because it is a lot more spiritual. But it is fun.

Something random now is that I have really come to think that Sunday is my favorite day of the week on my mission because I love going to church and seeing who comes and what investigators show up. The service is in Fante and I never really know what is going on there so I have a lot of time to think and read whatever I want from the scriptures and stuff. I also love the children. I have like four little girls in the ward that love me and they always want to sit with me and I just draw with them in my notebook and stuff like that. I don't know, it is just a lot of fun. And it is always fun to go to church in the wooden school house. Nothing can compare.

Well I want to tell you small about the most golden investigator ever. A man named Andrew Aikens. He has been prepared for the gospel. He is a 28 year old teacher. We started teaching him a few weeks ago. He has read all of first Nephi, accepted every commitment, came to church, came to the baptism, asks all kinds of good questions, and is the sweetest person to teach. We have focused a lot of our teaching with him towards prayer, and now he is so powerful. After every lesson he is the one that always says we need to pray and he immediately kneels down and waits for us to kneel, and then he gives the most powerful prayers. You can just tell that he is speaking to God. It isn't big fancy words or anything, but it is just straight from the heart. He is golden. He is definitely the most enjoyable person to teach, ever. We could tell that he wasn't the most religious person when we met him but now he just knows it’s the truth. Man its sweet. He was a Catholic and never that active, but you can just see that he has found what he is looking for now. Well, that’s really about all for the week. Transfers were today and there were a lot of changes and people going all over the place, but me and Elder Brown are the same and I am going to be in Moree for 9 months at least. And I can say that I am glad, because I absolutely love it.

Okay now to your questions that I never answer. I want blank index cards please. I don't want a new camera I will just keep the one I have, it still works okay and I might as well just use it till it dies. The church building isn't coming all that fast. I bet it will take like 6 months or more. There will be a font in it, there is in every chapel in Ghana. The temple trip is in 3 weeks and I am so freakin excited. It will be two zones together I think but I’m not sure. And yes we do cut each others hair. I cut mine Saturday on a 1 and I look bald right now. The heat is coming and soon it will be miserable! I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all that you do for me and the wonderful examples that you are. I know that the church is true and that I am so grateful to be a member of the true church. The blessings are for all eternity. Keep the faith and know that I love you all so much. Take care until next week. Much love
Elder Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment