Saturday, September 25, 2010

Monday, September 6, 2010

Thank you thank you,
Thank you for all of the birthday wishes. Love you all. Well this week was a good one. We had our baptism and all went pretty well, except one of the candidates went to sea for fishing the day of the baptism so we will have to catch him next baptism. But we baptized and confirmed our 4 candidates and everything went really well. The only scary part was the husband to one of the women being baptized, he was like 5 feet tall 100 pounds and she was like 5 feet 7 in tall and weighed 300 pounds. He couldn't pull her up out of the water in his attempt to baptize her and she took a nice swim about 4 times before she was baptized. But none the less she was baptized and the baptism was a great success. We had 4 other companionships join our baptism. It was sweet. We are already preparing for our next baptism that will be on the 26th of Sept. |Well as you heard from the letter that you received in the mail the mission had a little pep talk on obedience. President was very serious and there is a lot of stupid disobedience going on right now. Lots of missionaries were watching movies and using ipods and stuff like crazy. It is really stupid the things that some of the missionaries do. But yeah president is really cracking down which is good because it would only continue to get worse if he didn't put a stop to it. This week we went on splits with the assistants which was a lot of fun because I got to go with Elder Hill who was my zone leader in the Cape Cost Zone for half of my mission. Oh and I am in the Yamoransa District which is the name of the town that I live in. But it was really fun because he speaks Fante fluently and it was really cool to listen and watch him teach in Fante. Makes me want to learn it bad. but It ain’t coming all that easy. Something that was really really crazy and sad happened the other night when I was sleeping at about 3 in the morning. I was awakened to a women beating her son right outside my window. She was either whipping him or smacking him super super hard, and she did it over and over for about 45 min straight and the kid just cried and screamed at the top of his lungs. The lady was cursing and yelling at him. I wanted to go and just put and end to it, but that’s not our business that we are supposed to do. But it was really hard to sit there and listen to it over and over. It was a serious beating. I didn't get any sleep that night. It is just really eye opening to see how pampered and how lucky we are to have the life we live. Thank you for that. I have been taking my doxy every night right before I go to sleep lately and I have had the craziest nightmares ever!!! Like one night I woke up and was just freaking out because I thought there was a bunch of Africans surrounding me with AK 47’s and they were like going to kill me and all this stuff. hahaha that doxy stuff does crazy crazy things. I was actually like sitting up and everything before I realized it was a dream. I thought you might get a kick out of that. It was actually pretty sweet. I started writing down my dreams right when I wake up because some of them are so funny and insane. And hopefully maybe I will have a few spiritual things that I can record too during my mission. Well, I got Whit's package this week, and I loved the shirt and tie. They were both so sweet. Elder Brown hates Utah so it is that much better. It was an awesome birthday package, you rock. I received Alex’s too. She hooked me up fat with all kinds of sweet stuff, so thanks to her too. She rocks. I haven't gotten the others yet but I’m sure they will come. Well Bro. Pratt and his wife are going to cook me dinner for my birthday, which I am looking forward to. They are cooking fried rice, chicken, fufu, banana bread, and all kinds of good stuff for me. I do have to go to the atm for the 1st time on my mission because I dropped 40 cedis just on my b day dinner. But it will be worth it :) I think you should go to PF Changs in Reno and then tell me if it is really as good as they say, because that might be the first place that I go when I get home. Just a heads up. I freakin love rice now! Well I love you all and thanks again for all that you have done for me in the 20 years that I have been alive. If I could I wouldn’t do it any other way. You are all the greatest family anyone could ask for and I love you all so much. The church is true and I know that it is what brings true happiness to our live. Keep the faith.

Love Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment