Saturday, November 6, 2010

November 1, 2010

Yahoo! Mail

Updates occur every 1440 minutes.

(I just posted Garrett's last 3 letters)
Adams Family,

Sorry the power just went out in town as I was about to send my email to you. So because I am limited on time this will be relatively short. But it was a great week. We just received transfer news and I am staying in good ol Moree for another 6 weeks. I am still companions with Elder Brown which I am super excited about. The past while has been a blast. And the new Elder that is coming to my apartment to join Elder Mortensen is a Tongan Elder, and he is my MT, his name is Elder Katoa and he is the coolest dude ever. I am so stoked that I am staying just because of that, but also for many other reasons.

Well this week we had the privilege of also being with a seventy named Elder Ahadgi. Crazy how things worked out for both Jeff and me in the same week. What’s even crazier is we met while we were proselyting. He is over the Nigerian area. He is the contractor on the new chapel and we were able to meet with him late one night at the chapel sight and we ended up talking for about an hour and 15 min. I didn’t even know who he was when I first saw him. It was one of the sweetest experiences I have had. We seriously talked about everything from where the next temple in Africa will be, to his conversion story. He even gave us a little doctrine. He told us to read 1 Nephi 1 and compare the story of Lehi to the story of Joseph Smith and then see the comparisons of how God calls prophets to restore his gospel. It was sweet you should try it too. Elder Ahadgi is one of the nicest men I have ever met in my life and it was a night I will never forget.

This week we also went farming way out in the bush and were able to see a white mans house who is a huge drug trafficker of cocaine. But unfortunately we didn't get to see the cocaine fields or anything like that. But I know that man will never be caught because it is in the middle of absolutely no where. We also had a baptism this week and it went well. We had to do it at the beach which was fun because the whole town of Yamornasa has been out of water the past 3 days. That's a whole other story. We baptized a 21 year old man who is dating one of our strongest members. He is a real stud and he owns his own barber shop and cuts our hair every week. It’s pretty sweet too because they cut it all African like with straight edges and stuff haha. But anyway he has a very powerful testimony and when the ZL interviewed him they said you don’t have to worry about this guy, he will never fall away from the church. But he is the only guy that we baptized this week.

Now to the water. Our area has been out of water since Friday. We have been fetching water from one of the couple missionaries in our town who had a special supply. Man I tell you if I had to fetch water to take a shower or to wash the dishes everyday of my life I wouldn't only be the strongest man alive but the most humble too, because it really makes you realize how much we have. So we ran out of water last night and had no drinking water or water to go to the bathroom or shower or anything. It’s been a fun past few days, but they just fixed the water line a few hours ago so we should be back to normal.

Dad I got the email and it was very helpful and it will surely bless the ward if they get their home teaching going well. I feel like that might be why I am still in Moree, because the lord still has things that he wants me to do there, I KNOW he does. So I am excited to be here for the next 6 weeks and continue to serve in the area. Man this next transfer is going to be sweet and I can’t wait. I am really excited for Jefferey (Hendrix) to be heading off so soon. I can’t wait to be able to hear how he does. It truly will be the greatest blessing and learning experience we can ever have as young men. Well it’s been a fun adventure the past week and I’m sure we will have more to tell next week. I know that the church is true. I love you all and I can’t wait to hear from you next week. Oh, and Dad I will remember that you said you would take me to China!!!! I also got the package this week with the cards so thank you very much and the package was really sweet and we watched the Priesthood session of conference today, it’s the only part we have seen so far. It was really good.

Love Elder Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment