Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 16, 2012 Bakaano is my Favorite Area

Sorry I thought I had already answered your questions that you asked me. So I did receive the 2nd package with he cereal and the computer storage. It's perfect and I will be able to bring home a lot of really cool things on it. I just haven't figured out how to take Sister Shulz pictures off of her computer yet because she has a mac book and those things are crazy confusing.

So this week was a pretty good week. We were in Cape Coast the whole of the week and we were able to teach a lot of people in our area. We also went on splits one day with the Elders in Elmina which is the biggest fishing village in the entire mission. It's a pretty cool place. Splits are always fun if the Elders are working hard and have some good people to teach. As for us, we have 2 other Elders in our area now and so anyone that we start teaching that is serious we end up giving to them to teach because they only have a few investigators right now, and they are in the area everyday and can teach them on a regular basis. So we have been more of the finders these past few weeks, and we have found a few really good people. However we did have 2 really good progressing investigators that we were sure to be baptized but one of them moved to Accra on Saturday and won't be back for 2 months, but the other one came to church on Sunday it's just hard to meet him because he is a taxi driver. Like I have said before we spend almost all of our time working with the less-actives and part member families. I think I have taught 6 or 7 different part-member families in the last few months, but so far no luck in getting any of them into the waters of baptism. Some of them know a lot about the church and their biggest concern is they say the members don't really live the gospel that they proclaim to be true, so they find it hard to follow. So it seems that it has been more of my job to just plant the seeds and help them see the goodness of the church, and pray for more success in the future. But since I have been here there have been a lot of less-actives that have started to come more often. There was one girl in her early twenties who we have been visiting this week that finally came to church on Sunday and she even gave the closing prayer in sacrament meeting. I guess you could say that we are the home teachers for Bakaano Branch because the home teaching program is completely unused in our branch. But I think I can say that Bakaano has been my favorite area. I have such a close relationship with so many of the members because of how much we work with them and their family members. A lot of them found out that I am leaving soon and are planning to feed us a treat or do something special, so I have a feeling that my last week I am going to really suffer trying to eat so much food. It does have its pluses going home with the less-actives because I make them all promise me that they will come to church before I leave, and they always agree to it so we will have to see what happens haha. Yesterday was President Shulz birthday and they are out of town so we have to rush right now to get him his B-day present before he gets home from Kumasi. So I think that is about all for this week. I will try to finish typing all of those essays for BYU today if I can get time. We are going to have a super busy week this week and next week because we are having zone meetings and interviews throughout the mission so I have to go and prepare my instruction which is "go about doing good". Have a great week and I will talk to you later. Love you guys

Love Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment