Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Letter from Companion Elder MacKay

Hey this is Elder MacKay, Elder Adam’s companion! I hope all is well for you guys at home, we are just living it up here in AFRICA! Elder Adams is a fantastic missionary. He is way ahead of where I was at this point of my mission, and I don't say that cheaply. I would not say it if I did not mean it. I guess I wouldn’t tell you otherwise, but in that case I suppose I just wouldn’t email you at all. He has come with the perfect mindset of "what can I do to suffer so that I can make the lives of other people better." Not enough missionaries are like him in that way. He is here to work. He has a huge desire to learn, and even in this short three months that we've been together, I’ve seen big growth in him. We have a lot in common and get along really well-I honestly could not imagine two missionaries getting along any better than we have. We’ll talk sometimes and he'll talk about companions that his dad had from his mission that he is still friends with today. It’s just sweet cause we know that's just gunna be us one day. Anyways, I don't have much time to write, but I just wanted to send you a little love and tell you that you have done an excellent parenting job in molding him into the kid he is today! I love him and we pray for you every day!
Love, Elder MacKay

No comments:

Post a Comment